- Seattle, WA
- Full Time
At Dowbuilt, the care we put into building relationships is as important as the craftsmanship that goes into each home we build. So it’s no surprise our clients trust us to continue caring for their homes. Our service team goes beyond simple, routine maintenance – they apply the eye of a craftsman, the foresight and communication savvy of a project manager, and an unrivalled since of pride that comes from solving puzzles and delivering outstanding results.
The service manager facilitates service efforts for their region and nearby emerging Dowbuilt markets. This position works closely with service superintendents, foremen, and the regional principals to support client relations, performance management, training, and development, as well as AP and AR/Billing for the service department. This position is accountable for thorough and competent management of schedules, estimates, resource allocation and documentation during the complete life-cycle of service jobs. For many responsibilities, Dowbuilt offers comprehensive support, training and ongoing learning opportunities to develop these skills.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with team, field, client, owner’s rep, design partner, etc.
- Have a proactive, flexible, and responsive attitude when faced with challenges, opportunities and changes. Maintain an enthusiasm for learning and an openness to feedback.
- Participate in company growth, community engagement and cultivating milestones in-keeping with company strategic objectives.
- Operate from a place of integrity, professionalism, and diligence, always caring for critical relationships with our clients, partners, and in-house team.
Client Relationship Management
- Support Service Superintendents and clients with issue management and resolution. Take responsibility for identifying what is considered Dowbuilt Warranty, Unbillable vs. Billable or back charge.
- Manage complex, nuanced conversations and negotiations with clients, client representatives (estate / house managers), principals, Build and Service superintendents.
- Meet with new potential clients to assign resources and ensure fit. Complete new service client set up, including proposals, service agreement negotiation, Project Information Sheet, job number assignments and estimates.
- Respond to all client inquiries and requests in a timely and courteous manner. Support team members to build long-term relationships with clients and manage client list and personal information confidentially.
- Assist Service Superintendents with tracking aging service items and creating service lists and maintenance schedules for service homes.
- Maintain client records and personal information in accordance with departmental and company policies.
Service Department Management
- Participate in budgeting, financial reviews, and quarterly management reports.
- Collaborate with Build Project Managers, Principals and Superintendents to facilitate smooth transitions of projects from Build to Service.
- Manage overall risk profile of subcontracts and client contracts in accordance with company policies.
Service Team Management
- Perform regular check ins with team members. Respond to all inquiries and requests from team members and clients. Provide regular feedback and conduct performance development meetings, as well as counseling / corrective action with team members.
- Plan for staffing and manage labor resources efficiently. Coordinate with Dowbuilt’s Recruiting Manager to review postings and job descriptions for accuracy, participate in interviews and provide feedback on candidates.
- Provide new service employee training and onboarding. Present learning content and check for understanding. Provide all required documents and create learning plans for new hires. Support ongoing professional development goals of team members.
- Partner with Dowbuilt’s Safety Manager to provide safety awareness and learning opportunities for team members. Ensure employees have all required safety training and enforce safety policies and procedures.
Procurement / AP Management
- Coordinate execution of master subcontractor agreements, Certificates of Insurance, and other required subcontractor documentation.
- Submit, review, and approve subcontractor invoices.
- Assist Service Superintendents with research, selection, estimate presentation to clients, order and delivery of products and materials.
Billing / AR Management
- Review and approve all time entries, receipts, subcontractor invoices and credit card purchases for service jobs. Investigate and resolve coding questions and issues.
- Review time, materials and subcontractor costs prior to bills being created. Review Field Reports for each client and edit for clarity, content and language.
- Coordinate with Accounting to review pre-billing reports and final bills. Document and send monthly billing to clients via email or post.
- Follow up with clients as needed for aging Accounts Receivable. Track cash receipts and outstanding bills until resolution.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 2 years of project or team management related experience. Some construction experience and ability to read and interpret architectural drawings, contracts and specifications strongly preferred.
- Technology: proficient in MS Office Suite and cloud-based project management applications. Familiarity with Sage 300 CRE is preferred.
- Relationship Management: establishes and maintains relationships with Dowbuilt departments as well as all Dowbuilt employees, Service clients, subcontractors and vendors. Demonstrates courteous, professional communication in writing, in person and on the phone. Actively listens, takes notes, asks for help and suggests solutions.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: takes ownership and accountability for Service business in assigned region. Works autonomously and with others to drive client satisfaction and manage costs.
- Composure: Manages stress and maintains composure in challenging situations. Builds trust and maintains an approachable presence. Treats all proprietary company and client information as strictly confidential outside, and in some cases within, the company.
- Decision Making: Exercises good judgement in routine, daily decisions. Maintains awareness of ‘big picture’ strategies and company goals. An openness to collaborating with any other employee about identifying and solving a specific problem or issue.
- Work Standards: Utilizes quality control and risk management techniques to ensure all service work meets quality standards. Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and efficiency. Possesses basic knowledge of workplace safety and health procedures (ongoing safety training provided).
- Personal Learning: Takes ownership of personal learning and development of new skills and abilities. Maintains curiosity and commitment to learning over time.
- Enthusiasm for fostering an inclusive work environment, leading diverse teams and a commitment to increasing equity for all employees.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
A Thriving Diverse Workplace
Dowbuilt is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where every person feels respected, connected, and empowered. We believe that diversity drives creativity and innovation and that the best teams bring different perspectives and life experiences to the table. We know that we do our best work together and that to succeed as a company, we must proactively and passionately invest in creating a culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com