- Los Angeles, CA
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Dowbuilt is a construction company that was founded by top Pacific Northwest builder Jim Dow in 1980, and now our talented teams can be found from coast to coast. We focus on cutting-edge residential projects, innovative new construction, challenging remodels, and additions as well as home service – all of which require precision and impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
The Regional General Superintendent partners with their team to develop, manage and support project operations and drive Field performance to deliver an unparalleled building experience for Dowbuilt clients. This position is responsible for directing the objectives of the field team as it relates to specific projects, field operations, and regional business needs.
Additionally, the Regional General Superintendent directly oversees Field Operations for the region. This work includes compiling field staffing projections, as well as partnering with Dowbuilt HR/recruiting on sourcing, interviewing, selecting, and placing all field positions in the region. The Regional General Superintendent is also responsible for labor management and training, field systems and reporting, regional safety management, field quality control, and master scheduling and planning.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the execution of all company systems as outlined in the Dowbuilt Systems Manual and the Dowbuilt Employee Handbook
- Demonstrate discretion and treat all proprietary company information as strictly confidential outside (and in some cases inside) the company
- Communicate promptly according to the Organizational Chart on any issues that cannot be resolved or deadlines that cannot be met
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in all business relationships
- Maintain individual goals and update those goals weekly, or as required by your manager
- Dress appropriately and professionally, modeling the dress standard for the field team
- Maintain work areas in an organized and clean manner
- Assure that all communications are returned promptly and within 1 business day
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years Superintendent field experience
- Knowledge of complex zero-tolerance construction activities, including leading large teams with diverse skillsets, backgrounds, and personalities
- Awareness and understanding of local building codes and ability to research code requirements
- In-depth experience with geotechnical, structural engineering, and surveying
- Knowledge of major mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, methods and technology
- Structural steel and advanced wood framing expertise and experience
- Expert knowledge of architectural and structural concrete systems, methods and technology
- Broad knowledge of waterproofing and building envelope systems
- In-depth pre-fabrication planning, logistics and construction experience and knowledge
- Expert in CPM construction scheduling and forecasting methodology
- Safety management experience in Residential construction industry
- Enthusiasm for fostering inclusive work environment, leading diverse teams, and a commitment to increasing equity for all employees
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage for employees
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
- A shared vision among owner, architect and builder
- An openness to, and enthusiasm for, learning
- An environment of trust and confidence, in ourselves and in others
- A thriving, diverse workplace
- Taking full responsibility for, and ownership of, outcomes
- Building and sustaining lasting relationships
- Transparency in all aspects of the business
- Setting and then exceeding expectations
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com/