Dowbuilt is a construction company that was founded by top Pacific Northwest builders Jim Dow and George Schuchart in 2004, and now our talented teams can be found throughout WA, CA, HI, CO, and NY. We focus on one-off projects like cutting-edge, innovative new construction, challenging remodels and additions as well as home service – all of which require precision and impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
The superintendent role requires a positive, humble, solution-oriented individual who is passionate about great design and unique building challenges. Successful candidates will show an aptitude for leadership, precise communication and a willingness to go above and beyond, ensuring that the design intent and project goals are met. This position offers an opportunity to lead teams on one-of-a-kind structures and collaborate with partners and colleagues who are dedicated to the highest levels of craftsmanship and quality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure work performed is in accordance with plans and specifications
- Maintain onsite quality control throughout project life-cycle
- Work with project manager to develop and deliver project on schedule and on budget
- Manage onsite subcontractors and all related elements (ie. scheduling, evaluating work performed, safety compliance, submittal review, shop drawings, RFIs)
- Manage onsite employees, labor, subcontractors for build
- Maximize supplier relationships
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and maintain job log of all required information (ie. personnel, owner visits, inspectors, architects, hazard identification and abatement, weather, near misses)
- Meet with clients, architects, project managers, subcontractors, management and field staff regularly keeping communication open and professional
- Maintain plans, specifications, as-builts, and other necessary documentation
- Ensure code compliance
- Coordinate material deliveries, handling, storage, and placement (with foreman support)
- Train and direct foreman, laborers, carpenters, and other workers; conduct performance evaluations
- Be a positive advocate for safety in action and attitude; reinforce awareness to reduce the risk of injury or citations
- Ensure correct safety documentation is maintained in case an appeal is necessary
- Maintain job site security (ie. ensure safety of all people, tools, and materials)
- Be an active participant in company growth, community engagement, cultivating milestones in keeping with company strategic objectives
Qualifications and Skills
- 15 years of superintendent experience, 5 years high-end, custom residential
- Experience working through design details and construct-ability challenges directly with architects and designers to achieve design intent
- Construction Management degree, or relevant education plus experience
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- Journeyman-level carpentry skills
- Excellent communication, team-building and mentoring skills
- Ingenuity based on technical knowledge and experience with both traditional and new materials
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project
- Experience with Sage 300 CRE is a plus, but not required
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage for employees
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com/
If you feel your years of experience and qualifications are a match for this position, please upload your resume, project list, and include a statement about why you'd like to work with Dowbuilt. We look forward to hearing from you!