Dowbuilt is a construction company that was founded by top Pacific Northwest builders Jim Dow and George Schuchart in 2004, and now our talented teams can be found throughout WA, CA, HI, CO, and NY. We focus on one-off projects like cutting-edge, innovative new construction, challenging remodels and additions as well as home service – all of which require precision and impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
Our concrete rebar workers are vital to the success of Dowbuilt projects and significant concrete scopes of work. Rebar workers space, secure and cut rods in concrete forms according to specifications, using a variety of hand tools. In addition, they will assist in cleaning up work areas and materials, and load/unload materials off of a company truck or a supplier’s vehicle.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Determine quantities, sizes, shapes and locations of reinforcing rods from blueprints, sketches or verbal instructions
- Position and secure steel bars in concrete forms to reinforce concrete using a variety of tools such as rod busters, blow torches, fasteners and rod bending machines
- Clean up materials and refuse in order to maintain a safe an organized job site
- Assist in the tracking and storage of company tools, materials and equipment
- Ability to take direction from the site foreman, superintendent, carpenters, and/or form setters
- Daily completion of time sheets and accountability for getting approval from the foreman or superintendent
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the site foreman, superintendent and carpenters
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety and health procedures for location; be a positive advocate for onsite safety. Safety training will be provided.
- Participate in job site security (ie. be mindful of safety of all people, tools, and materials)
Qualifications and Skills:
- A desire to work hard with a team of highly talented craftsmen
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and respectfully in English
- Ability to carry more than 40 lb. of materials on a regular basis
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude and demeanor
- Ability to work safely, and in a way that demonstrates an awareness of the safety of all others on site
- Ability to work at elevated heights and in confined spaces
- Ability to follow direction from site foreman/superintendent and perform work as assigned
- Motivated, dependable and trustworthy
- Good manners as well as respect for team, subcontractors and clients
- Ability to manage stress and maintain composure in challenging situations
- Ability to work 10-hour days on a regular basis and occasionally work on weekends
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses*
- Safety Vest or Shirt
- Ear plugs*
- Rain gear
- Tool Belt
- Rubber boots (on pour days)
- Hammer (16oz min.)
- Rubber Mallet
- Tape measure (25’ min)
- Stripping bar / nail puller
- Pliers (tie wire)
*Provided by Dowbuilt. All other items are the employee’s responsibility to acquire within 60 days of hire.
Preferred Certifications (not required):
- Basic First-aid/CPR
- Reach Forklift Certification
- Rigger Certification
- Man lift Certification
- Powder Actuated Tool Certification
- Blueprint reading
- ACI (American Concrete Institute) Certifications
- PTI (Post Tensioning Institute) Certification
- Individual Training Seminars
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage for employees
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com
If you feel that your experience would be a good match for this position, please complete the application steps below and upload your resume if you have one. If you don't have a resume, please include previous employment and dates.
We look forward to hearing from you!