- Seattle, WA
- Full Time
Dowbuilt is a construction company that was founded by top Pacific Northwest builder Jim Dow in 1980, and now our talented teams can be found from coast to coast. We focus on cutting-edge residential projects, innovative new construction, challenging remodels, and additions as well as home service – all of which require precision and impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
Service Foremen will support the Service Superintendents to execute a variety of projects and work within occupied homes. Responsibilities will include performing routine maintenance tasks, executing service projects / home updates, assisting with property protection, subcontractor management and procurement, and performing a variety of concierge services. Successful foremen within the service department apply the eye of a craftsman, plan and manage time effectively across multiple projects, and collaborate with a wide variety of people inside and outside of the business to support execution.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform all assigned work to the highest standard of workmanship and quality. Collaborate with superintendents, designers and clients to develop and execute solutions.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that our clients’ homes run smoothly. Proactively identify areas in need of repair. Inspect and diagnose problems as needed.
- Supervise and assist subcontractors to ensure safe operations, productivity, and quality of work. Manage subcontractor performance and behavior onsite.
- Maintain a safe, secure, clean and organized work area. Ensure tools and equipment are maintained and stored properly. Maintain security and privacy of our clients and information at all times.
- Plan and manage weekly schedule; maintain a current calendar and identify personal schedule gaps in advance. Proactively reach out to Superintendents to ensure sufficient work.
- Procure materials and supplies for service projects; submit material purchases with appropriate job numbers
- Prepare daily Field Reports with hours, providing a recap of the service work that was performed.
- Establish and cultivate professional and personal contacts in the building industry
- Clean and maintain company service vehicle.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3 years of residential construction experience ( high-end preferred)
- Maintains OSHA 10 and CPR / First Aid certifications; prioritizes safety and security of self, employees, clients.
- Possesses working knowledge of:
- all phases of carpentry
- building codes and permit requirements
- operation and basic troubleshooting of home mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- fine finish care and maintenance practices
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), web-based applications (i.e. Smartsheet, Insightly, ShareFile, Slack, etc.) and/or Bluebeam / Adobe Acrobat
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record; driving a company vehicle is required for this position.
- Communicates professionally and succinctly in person, in writing and on the phone.
- Actively listens, follows instructions, takes notes, asks for help, and suggests solutions.
- Takes ownership of learning new tasks, developing skills and sharing knowledge with others.
- Collaborates with others to proactively analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
- Maintains composure in stressful situations or facing difficult objectives.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and company proprietary information.
- Maintains professional demeanor and appearance.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
- A shared vision among owner, architect and builder
- An openness to, and enthusiasm for, learning
- An environment of trust and confidence, in ourselves and in others
- A thriving, diverse workplace
- Taking full responsibility for, and ownership of, outcomes
- Building and sustaining lasting relationships
- Transparency in all aspects of the business
- Setting and then exceeding expectations
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com