Dowbuilt is a high-end builder that started in Seattle, WA in 2004 and now our talented teams can be found throughout WA, CA, HI, CO, and NY. We focus on one-off projects like cutting-edge, innovative new construction, challenging remodels and additions as well as home service – all of which require exacting work with impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
Our foremen are bags-on lead carpenters, who are detail-oriented and can maintain an effective job site while communicating with precision and clarity daily. Successful candidates will get into the plans to execute carpentry work from frame to finish, do layout, show an aptitude for leadership, build positive relationships and demonstrate a willingness to go above and beyond to ensure that the design intent and project goals are met.
We hire for the long-term- offering interesting work and career advancement opportunities in a number of great locations. If you are a “bags on” foreman that thrives on unique, crafted projects, feel accomplished getting it done right, and sees the “problem” as an opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Put work in place. This is a bags-on role, performing pick-up carpentry tasks while also lining out other crew members and sub trades.
- Participation in quality control for all scopes of work - self performed as well as subcontracted
- Assist in creating site documentation and as-built drawings
- Serve as first point of contact for subcontractor questions.
- Collaborate with subcontractors to find solutions. Come to superintendent with possible solutions to problems, be willing to come to the table prepared and engaged in the process.
- Estimate materials and time to perform work proposed
- Be able to run small projects as a working lead; coordinate crew to maximize productivity
- Work with superintendent to create daily schedule and take responsibility for its execution
- Be the company representative with the superintendent is not on site
- Discuss work with clients, architects, partners and inspectors with integrity, clarity and patience as necessary
- Maintain effective, respectful communication at all times with field crew, subs, clients, partners and team
- Minimize material use to prevent waste and unnecessary cost
- Manage material deliveries, handling, storage, and placement
- Be a positive advocate for safety in action and attitude; reinforce awareness to reduce the risk of injury or citation and know OSHA requirement for your location and site
- Practice safe housekeeping to keep a safe and efficient worksite
- Maintain job site security (ie. ensure safety of all people, tools, and materials)
- Maintain accurate documentation in the daily job log
Qualifications and Skills
- 6+ years high-end residential carpentry experience; skilled from frame to finish
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications; understand vertical and horizontal control lines
- Advanced construction math skills
- Ability to think ahead and see the big picture. Understand the WHY behind the work and how what you're doing today will impact what's coming next
- Exhibit proper use of tools and equipment and have full complement of tools and specialty tools
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Ability to take and give direction
- Ingenuity based on technical knowledge and experience with both traditional and new materials
- Reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- The ability to communicate in Spanish at a basic level is a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com