Dowbuilt is a construction company that was founded by top Pacific Northwest builders Jim Dow and George Schuchart in 2004, and now our talented teams can be found throughout WA, CA, HI, CO, and NY. We focus on one-off projects like cutting-edge, innovative new construction, challenging remodels and additions as well as home service – all of which require precision and impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
Our growing service department offers ongoing service and support to care for and maintain the houses we build as well as other homes. We are currently seeking a service foreman to join us.
The successful service foreman candidate will collaborate with our well-integrated service team to support our service superintendents in performing scheduled maintenance and repairs, small projects, and completing any site work as requested by their clients.
This is a unique role that requires the right combination of experience and skill, as well as the ability to communicate clearly with a wide variety of client, subs, and team members. Candidates must exhibit organization, have highly technical carpentry skills, be able to manage small projects, be willing to perform less glamorous maintenance. A well-developed set of problem-solving and clear communication skills are requirements for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and ensure our clients' homes continue to run smoothly, and building systems operate efficiently.
- Assist in troubleshooting and identifying areas in need of repair, inspect and diagnose problems, and determine the best way to correct them. We need to be proactive versus reactive and identify issues before repair status.
- Ability to run all scopes of a small project: estimating, communication, mobilization, production, sub trade supervision, and demobilization.
- Desire to work in varied environments, as you may be on several sites throughout the week performing a wide range of tasks: fixing leaky faucets, replacing hardware and fixtures, plaster or drywall repair, interior and exterior trim work, finish carpentry, etc.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and awareness to specific work environments and situations. Working in occupied homes is the norm and communication with homeowners on a regular basis is required.
- Oversee subcontractor work and repair, manage subcontractors for newly contracted small projects.
- Conduct walk-throughs with homeowners and subcontractors, obtain bids, and oversee progress, performance, and quality of all subcontractors’ work.
- Maintain record of work performed, report back to Service Superintendent.
- Respond to urgent calls that need resolution quickly.
Qualifications and Skills
- 6+ years construction trade experience
- Journeyman level carpentry skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Possess working knowledge of the following building methods and construction practices:
- All phases of carpentry – both rough and finish
- HVAC and electrical systems
- Plumbing systems – can repair plumbing lines and fixtures
- Low voltage systems
- GWB repair, patching, and smooth wall finish
- Painting – Brush & Roller – to the standards of PDCA
- Drainage systems maintenance
- Building envelope / weatherization systems and the ability to detect and repair damage due to sources of water, wind, etc.
- Care and maintenance of flooring surfaces (hardwood, stone, tile, linoleum, vinyl, etc.)
- Ingenuity, thorough technical knowledge, and familiarity working with both traditional and non-traditional materials and finishes.
- Ability to work independently – at a quick pace – and make sound judgment calls.
- Proficient with reading and interpreting construction contract documents.
- Motivated, dependable, and ethical with good old-fashioned manners.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, have a clean driving record, a valid driver's license. A company vehicle, cell phone and laptop will be provided.
- Own and maintain standard service tools.
- Ability to lift and handle normal building materials, and comfortable work in tight or high places (scaffolding, roofs, crawlspaces).
- Ability to work occasional overtime.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com