- Incline Village, NV
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Dowbuilt is a construction company that was founded by top Pacific Northwest builder Jim Dow in 1980, and now our talented teams can be found from coast to coast. We focus on cutting-edge residential projects, innovative new construction, challenging remodels, and additions as well as home service – all of which require precision and impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
Project Engineers are site-based, and integral to the building process. They work closely with the superintendent and project managers on estimating and scheduling efforts, subcontractor buy-out, and project documentation/tracking including but not limited to submittal management, RFI’s, RFP’s and CO’s. PE’s understand design intent and apply the mechanics of how things come together in the field to collaborate effectively with the project team, architect, vendors, subs, suppliers and consultants.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in, and possibly lead, the estimating and scheduling efforts with the project team
- Identify potential subcontractors and suppliers, evaluate and provide feedback on subcontractor performance in company database
- Review estimates and schedules with project manager, principal and/or estimator prior to submittal
- Provide Value Engineering (VE) cost analyses and recommendations
- Participate in preconstruction meetings
- Coordinate with consultants, building officials and planners as needed
- Set-up project folders and filing systems, for office and jobsite, safety board and safety binders
- Assist getting project signage in place
- Assist superintendent to coordinate job office setup (trailer, utilities, office supplies, tech support)
- Regularly review and update construction schedule with the Superintendent and Project Manager
- Assist Superintendent with 3-week look-ahead (SIS) maintenance, distribution, and follow-up. This includes assisting with subcontractor management and scheduling.
- Support job cost reporting and tracking through use of SDI systems
- Check in regularly with project manager and superintendent and adjust tasks/goals/milestones
- Issue RFP's, distribute plan documents to obtain bids from subcontractors, and compare subcontractor bids
- Support the project manager with document prep for Client Project review meetings, typically monthly
- Support the project manager with change requests and change order process
- Support the project manager with subcontractor and vendor reporting and tracking through use of SDI systems
- Support the superintendent with safety systems
- Coordinate retention, lien releases and insurance
- Perform progress photos, including pre-cover photos, and load into project folders and Fieldwire
- Conduct subcontractor/vendor walkthroughs
- Assist in securing required permits as needed
- Support the completion of the punchlist activities
- Support Superintendent and Project Manager with project setup and maintenance of Field Systems and platforms such as Fieldwire and Smartsheet project workspace.
- Document control including managing plans and specifications in Fieldwire, assisting with RFI management, etc.
- Support Superintendent with material procurement, delivery logistics and other site operations.
- Assist with Dowbuilt-created SK’s and shop drawings including creating when needed.
- Assist with shop drawing reviews prior to Superintendent reviews
- Prepare and complete project owner’s manuals
- Assure that project closeout procedure is followed for all projects (warranties, extra materials, finish schedules, as-builts, etc.)
- Verify that all final lien releases are in place before any final payments are made, or retention is released
- Oversee project archiving
- Maintain ongoing relationships with architects and subcontractors/vendors
- Remain current on industry trends and innovations, share knowledge among project teams
- Establish and cultivate professional and personal contacts in the building industry
- Represent the company in industry-related professional organizations
- Engage in mentoring from project managers and superintendents
- Participate and engage in performance development meetings
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, building science, or equivalent related professional experience
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- At least 2 years experience within the construction industry (residential preferred)
- Familiarity with Sage 300 CRE PM and cost controlling modules is preferred (ongoing training provided)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Experience with web-based solutions such as Smartsheet, ShareFile, Slack and Asana is preferred
- Familiarity using Bluebeam and/or Adobe Acrobat is preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of people
- Respect, honesty and excellent communication with team, subcontractor, and client
- Ability to identify and communicate potential marketing leads to project principal
- Demonstrate and support a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Able to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
- A shared vision among owner, architect and builder
- An openness to, and enthusiasm for, learning
- An environment of trust and confidence, in ourselves and in others
- A thriving, diverse workplace
- Taking full responsibility for, and ownership of, outcomes
- Building and sustaining lasting relationships
- Transparency in all aspects of the business
- Setting and then exceeding expectations
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com