Senior Project Manager
- Kailua Kona, HI
- Full Time
Dowbuilt is a construction company that was founded by top Pacific Northwest builder Jim Dow in 1980, and now our talented teams can be found from coast to coast. We focus on cutting-edge residential projects, innovative new construction, challenging remodels, and additions as well as home service – all of which require precision and impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
The senior project manager position works closely with the site superintendent to lead the build team. Our PMs are technical and design savvy management pros who can see the big picture and the tiniest detail. A successful PM candidate operates from a place of integrity, professionalism and diligence, always caring for critical relationships with our clients, partners, and in-house team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure thorough and competent management of project schedule, budget, resource allocation, and documentation during the complete life-cycle of the build
- Maintain timely and effective communication with team, field, client, owner’s rep, design partner, etc.
- Have a proactive, flexible, and responsive attitude when faced with partial blueprints, design developments, challenges, opportunities and changes
- Participate in project estimating
- Prepare pre-construction budgets and schedules with the superintendent
- Own build budget and all elements related
- Value engineer as needed with cost analysis and recommendations
- Develop project schedule with superintendent and review with appropriate in-house team
- Own active build project schedule and all elements
- Identify, qualify, and manage subcontractors including RFPs, bid management, contracts, scope of work, build work completion, payment, evaluation, safety compliance, retainage, and close-out
- Manage materials-related activities including submittals, change orders, take-offs, pricing, and orders
- Manage project documentation including owner’s manual, submittals logs, job logs, safety documentation, project communication files and permitting
- Review shop drawings for windows, cabinets and other building elements as needed
- Assure project closeout including warranties, materials, finish schedules, etc.
- Conduct post construction project occupancy review
- Participate in company growth, community engagement and cultivating milestones in-keeping with company strategic objectives
- Act as project liaison to Service Department as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of high-end residential construction experience
- Construction Management degree or other relevant education plus experience
- Ability to travel regionally on occasion, and to Seattle home office for onboarding
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- Excellent communication, team-building, and mentoring skills
- Ingenuity based on technical and materials knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Project, BlueBeam and/or Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with web-based applications such as Slack, Asana, SmartSheet, and Airtable is a plus
- Familiarity with Sage 300 CRE is preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
- A shared vision among owner, architect and builder
- An openness to, and enthusiasm for, learning
- An environment of trust and confidence, in ourselves and in others
- A thriving, diverse workplace
- Taking full responsibility for, and ownership of, outcomes
- Building and sustaining lasting relationships
- Transparency in all aspects of the business
- Setting and then exceeding expectations
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com