Sr. Digital Construction Project Engineer
- Brooklyn, NY
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Dowbuilt is a construction company that was founded by top Pacific Northwest builder Jim Dow in 1980, and now our talented teams can be found from coast to coast. We focus on cutting-edge residential projects, innovative new construction, challenging remodels, and additions as well as home service – all of which require precision and impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
The senior digital construction project engineer (Sr. DCPE) role requires a creative and technically minded individual who can leverage BIM modeling and parametric scripting for Dowbuilt projects. A strong candidate for this role will have an affinity for using these technical skillsets within the context of construction, while working with architects, subcontractors, and consultants to coordinate and clarify the design intent. The Sr. DCPE role is a great opportunity for anyone who has a particular interest in BIM technologies and is looking to implement and innovate ways of bringing these tools to cutting-edge and architecturally distinct residential construction.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Draft, review, analyze and coordinate BIM models for projects in early design, preconstruction and construction phases.
- Collaborate with project managers, superintendents to building according to plan and specifications while leveraging parametric modeling skillsets
- Provide assistance in mentoring, training and leadership on 3D modeling work and BIM processes on various projects throughout the company.
- Support the oversight and management of Digital Construction projects.
- Assist in the development of BIM proposal for upcoming projects and the creation of BIM execution plans as well.
- Draft, and implement templates and standard pre-set files for BIM software such as Revit, Rhino, Navisworks and others.
- Leverage BIM data as well as classic project documentation to help quantify, estimate and schedule projects.
- Assist with 30 Scanning and surveying execution, post-processing and analytical procedures.
- 3D model and coordinate MEP scopes of work through Revit modeling.
- Model. implement and manage Revit families and entire digital asset database.
- Conduct and manage conflict resolution using Navisworks and/or alternative digital methodologies and tools.
- Draft. coordinate and manage 30 models and submittals for various scopes of work within construction projects. including: doors, windows, metal fabrication, wood fabrication, concrete and structural framing.
- Assist in R&D objectives through the use of BIM modeling, Python scripting and data analysis tools.
- Read and manage plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, shop drawings, submittals. lien releases. RFI logs and all other project related documents through innovative technological management tools.
- Work with Superintendent to maintain job site quality control.
- Be a positive advocate for safety in action and attitude; reinforce awareness to reduce the risk of injury or citations
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of residential construction or design experience
- Architecture or Computational design degree. or similar education plus experience
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- 3+ years of Revit use in a professional setting
- 2+ years of Rhino experience in a professional setting
- 2+ years of Adobe Design Software usage for professional proposals or presentations.
- Knowledge. interest and experience with Grasshopper, Dynamo and/or Python scripting languages and processes.
- Experience with Navisworks, BIM 360 and clash resolution processes preferred.
- Knowledge of Revit MEP modeling is preferred, but not required.
- Power-Bl or Tableau familiarity is preferred. but not required.
- Faro 3D Scanning familiarity.
- As-built. and point-cloud handling knowledge is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication, team-building skills and detail follow through
- Ingenuity based on technical knowledge and experience with both traditional and new materials
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, Word
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
- A shared vision among owner, architect and builder
- An openness to, and enthusiasm for, learning
- An environment of trust and confidence, in ourselves and in others
- A thriving, diverse workplace
- Taking full responsibility for, and ownership of, outcomes
- Building and sustaining lasting relationships
- Transparency in all aspects of the business
- Setting and then exceeding expectations
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and one-of-a-kind projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com