- Los Angeles, CA
- Full Time
Dowbuilt is a construction company that was founded by top Pacific Northwest builder Jim Dow in 1980, and now our talented teams can be found from coast to coast. We focus on cutting-edge residential projects, innovative new construction, challenging remodels, and additions as well as home service – all of which require precision and impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
Project Engineers are site-based, and integral to the building process. They work closely with the superintendent and project managers on estimating and scheduling efforts, subcontractor buy-out, and project documentation/tracking including but not limited to submittal management, RFI’s, RFP’s and CO’s. PE’s understand design intent and apply the mechanics of how things come together in the field to collaborate effectively with the project team, architect, vendors, subs, suppliers and consultants.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with project manager and superintendent to build according to plan and specifications
- Contribute to estimating efforts: take-offs, coordinate sub bids, materials pricing
- Maintain positive relationships and clearly communicate with clients, partners, designers, field team, and subcontractors
- Read and manage plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, shop drawings, submittals, lien releases, RFI logs and all other project related documents
- Issue RFPs, distribute plans and contract documents
- Create scope of work for subs and vendors for RFPs and Subcontractor Agreements
- Conduct subcontractor site walk-throughs to review plans and specs prior to pricing
- Assess data from subcontractor proposals: review, negotiate, summarize
- Write and manage Subcontractor Agreements ensuring all necessary elements are present
- Maintain punch list with architect and build team
- Receive, review, and code applications for payment with Project Manager
- Partner with the project manager to assure payment is received from owner and paid out to subcontractors
- Maintain Owner’s Manual (product information, warranties, as-built drawings, etc.) and handle Project Close out requirements
- Work with Superintendent to maintain job site quality control
- Be a positive advocate for safety in action and attitude; reinforce awareness to reduce the risk of injury or citations
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of residential construction experience
- Construction Management degree, or similar education plus experience
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- Excellent communication, team-building skills and detail follow through
- Ingenuity based on technical knowledge and experience with both traditional and new materials
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, Word
- Sage 300 CRE familiarity is preferred, but not required.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
- A shared vision among owner, architect and builder
- An openness to, and enthusiasm for, learning
- An environment of trust and confidence, in ourselves and in others
- A thriving, diverse workplace
- Taking full responsibility for, and ownership of, outcomes
- Building and sustaining lasting relationships
- Transparency in all aspects of the business
- Setting and then exceeding expectations
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com