- San Francisco, CA
- Full Time
Dowbuilt is a construction company that was founded by top Pacific Northwest builder Jim Dow in 1980, and now our talented teams can be found from coast to coast. We focus on cutting-edge residential projects, innovative new construction, challenging remodels, and additions as well as home service – all of which require precision and impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
Service Superintendents will draw from their deep construction knowledge to plan, manage and execute a variety of projects and work within occupied homes. Projects and responsibilities include routine maintenance, estimating & managing small projects, and a variety of concierge services. Successful superintendents within the service department apply the eye of a craftsman, the foresight and communication of a project manager, and problem-solving skills to deliver outstanding results while demonstrating our value and commitment to our clients. Service Superintendents must be able to collaborate and work with a wide variety of people inside and outside of the business to develop projects and provide the best solution for our clients.
Given current client needs and locations, we are searching for a candidate who can service homes in San Francisco and the Peninsula. Fuel stipend will be provided to cover work-related fuel.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with 8-12 assigned service clients. Serve as the primary contact and Dowbuilt representative for all client requests.
- Prepare for and plan site meetings with clients as necessary.
- Collaborate with clients, designers, architects, subcontractors, household staff and Dowbuilt employees to develop scope of work for service projects.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert and primary point of contact for all client inquiries and requests.
- Create and manage weekly schedule; maintain a current calendar and identify personal schedule gaps in advance. Proactively maintain service lists for each client to ensure sufficient work for yourself and at times a Service Foreman.
- Assist clients and subs in developing scopes of work. Identify and proactively communicate preventative maintenance needs to clients.
- Communicate all scope and schedule details and changes to client and Service Manager regularly. Confirm that all work is complete and satisfactory within established scope. Ensure that all promised deadlines are met, that changing scopes and deadlines are identified early and that new costs and deadlines are communicated to the team and client.
- Assist Service Manager with estimates by providing expected labor, subcontractor, and material requirements associated with scopes of work. Manage labor and resources to estimate
- Submit material purchases with appropriate job numbers and assist with invoice approvals as required
- Maintain a safe, secure, clean and organized work site. Ensure all tools and equipment are removed each day. Maintain security and privacy of client properties and information at all times.
- Perform, manage and be responsible for all work being done to the highest standard of workmanship.
- Assist Service Manager to establish, coordinate and facilitate Maintenance Programs for new and existing clients. Perform routine preventative maintenance and ensure that our clients’ homes run smoothly. Proactively identify areas in need of repair. Inspect and diagnose problems as needed.
- Supervise subcontractors to ensure safe operations, work quality, schedule, and cost. Maximize subcontractor and crew productivity; manage subcontractor performance and behavior on site.
- Ensure job-site safety procedures are in place and strictly administered. Conduct safety meetings with subcontractors and service foremen.
- Prepare daily Field Reports with hours, providing a recap of the service work that was performed.
- Identify and communicate potential leads and opportunities to Service Director
- Establish and cultivate professional and personal contacts in the building industry
- Clean and maintain company service vehicle
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 7 years of residential construction experience – high-end preferred
- Maintains OSHA 10 and CPR / First Aid certifications; prioritizes safety and security of self, employees, clients.
- Possesses working knowledge of:
- all phases of carpentry
- building codes, inspections and permit requirements
- operation and basic troubleshooting of home mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- fine finish care and maintenance practices
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), web-based applications (i.e. Smartsheet, Insightly, ShareFile, Slack, etc.) and/or Bluebeam / Adobe Acrobat
- Communicates professionally and succinctly in person, in writing and on the phone.
- Actively listens, follows instructions, takes notes, asks for help, and suggests solutions.
- Takes ownership of learning new tasks, developing skills and sharing knowledge with others.
- Collaborates with others to proactively analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
- Maintains composure when stressed or facing difficult objectives.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and company proprietary information.
- Maintains professional demeanor and appearance.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
- A shared vision among owner, architect and builder
- An openness to, and enthusiasm for, learning
- An environment of trust and confidence, in ourselves and in others
- A thriving, diverse workplace
- Taking full responsibility for, and ownership of, outcomes
- Building and sustaining lasting relationships
- Transparency in all aspects of the business
- Setting and then exceeding expectations
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com